Monday, December 15, 2008

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

So...this lack of snow is getting to me. At least in Nashville, it was FREEZING by Christmastime. What's going on with this weather? I think I'm the only person here who actually wishes for snow though. I'm sane enough to realize that I am slightly strange...

However, I have been in the Christmas spirit for a while. Ever since Halloween, I've been listening to Xmas music. I bought my tree before Thanksgiving, but I didn't put it up til the day after. Look at that restraint right there! Speaking of Thanksgiving, that was SO MUCH FUN! Jack came in, and so did Nico from Nashville! And then my friend Nicole from high school and her two brothers came, as well as Mark Kirkland who lives up in Berkeley and his girlfriend. Essentially, it was a feast! 8 people came over, and Jack and I somehow pulled the food off. The turkey was delicious, I will say. Of course, I did not touch that. That was Jack's doing entirely.

Now, the Christmas decorations are in place, the cookie scented oil in place to add flair :-) However, one thing is missing: my friends. I miss you guys so freaking much, it's insane. I went to an ugly christmas sweater party a couple of weeks ago and it was AWESOME - I wore a heinous sweater, of course - and I kept remembering last Christmas and the awesome sweater party we had in our suite last year. I made the best Wassail ever! If I only had a pot big enough now...

I'm coming back to Nashville this Friday night late (Smi-face, I will accost you, literally!), and then I come up to Columbus with Jack on Dec 23-26. Short, but it will be a fun Christmas. My entire family from all over is coming in. I LOVE Christmas in Columbus! I will of course go to Chipotle, Zuppa, and watch Love Actually with Lavs. Good times. Now, I just need to get through this week of hell that I have coming up. It will be a busy, busy week....wish me luck!

I love and miss you all to pieces. How is everyone doing?!

Ciao Ciao,

Sondra

No comments: